There are two ways SMS text notifications can be configured for users.
Helpers/Planners Configure For Self
WorshipPlanning.com allows users to add SMS Text numbers and secondary email addresses to their account for the purposes of receiving notifications sent from WorshipPlanning.com. To do so:
- Login in to WP and hover on the "account" link in the upper right area of the page, then click "My Profile"
- Click the Communication Settings tab
- Click "Add a method of communication" and fill in the form with the appropriate information.
You will receive a confirmation message that contains a 4-5 digit code. Once that code is entered back into WP, you will be able to start receiving notifications via that channel. Be sure to use the checkboxes to specify which types of notifications you'd like sent to that new channel. It is important to note that ALL types of notifications will ALWAYS be sent to the primary email address.
If you wish to stop communications via any of your secondary channels, it's recommended that you simply return to this "Communication Settings" page and adjust the checkboxes or remove the secondary channels completely. However, you can also stop all text from WP by replying to a WP text message with the single word STOP. This will prevent text message from WP to your number, regardless of your communication settings. If you have done this, the only way to re-enable text messaging from WP is to reply to any WP text message with the word START.
Planners Configure For Others
If you are a planner with security privileges that allow you to manage users, you can enable text notifications for users you can manage. Here's how:
- Log in to WP and navigate to "People >> People" menu
- Click the "edit" icon for the person to whom you'd like to add the text notifications
- Find the phone number (or add it if it's not already there) and clicked the checkbox to the right of the field (next to the small mobile phone icon).
- You'll be promoted to select the country for that persons mobile number.
Once done with these steps, notifications will be turned on for that person (for that number). No verification code will be sent, nor will the person get any kind of message that their number has been configured to receive text notifications. However, if the person wishes to stop notifications, they can do so in their WP account, or they can simply reply to a WP text with "STOP".