Each song in your song library can have many files associated with it: lead sheet, chord sheet, MP3, PowerPoint, and sheet music for each instrument and vocal part. When you add a song to your worship flow, all of the files associate with the song are visible for your team to access. If there aren't too many files and the files are named descriptively, it's pretty easy for your team members to figure out what they need. But if there are lots of files, it could be confusing.
To help improve organization, worship leaders can associate one or more roles to each song file. By doing so, the person serving in that role will see the files specific to their role (for that service) grouped together nicely on the "Service Files" tab of their account.
To associate a song's file with one or more roles:
- Edit the song and go to the Files tab
- Hover over the file you'd like to associate with a role and click the star icon to the left of it.
- Select the team that has that role (probably your team).
- Select the appropriate role.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 if there are more roles that the song could be associated with.
Note that the association you are making of a file to a role is only within the context of that song. If that same file is attached to multiple songs, you would need to associate the file to the role for each song individually.